Awesome advice from user rckclmbr on hackernews for anybody aspiring to become a senior dev. Which happens to also apply to anybody else wanting to grow and become a master of his trade.
- Don’t strive to be a senior developer. Strive to solve peoples problems through technology.
- The quickest solution is generally the best solution — or at least helps you understand the problem better.
- Build relationships with people. Be their friends.
- Keep meetings to 30 minutes. Always have a takeaway from a meeting.
- Hold yourself accountable.
- Don’t be an ass.
What are your highlights? Here is the complete list.